Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reflections: Yoga Teacher Training RYT 200

I began practicing Yoga when I was about 16 years old. My mother and I used to head down to the local community centre on a Tuesday evening for our Yoga class with Maurie. I suffered headaches and neck tension as I grew up and Yoga, as well as remedial massages, was a way for me to overcome those pains. I loved Yoga immediately. I was flexible and relished in the opportunity to learn advanced Asana's, or poses, especially the more difficult balancing poses. I loved learning Pranayama - centered breathing techniques. I didn't love meditation though. I found it a boring - I wanted to perform headstands and full shoulder stands, not close my eyes and think of nothing.

Fast forward 10 years and my practice of Yoga has continued, albeit sporadically. I practiced Yoga at home and in gyms, as well as Bikram 'hot' Yoga in London, taught it to my lovely Grade 2 class and as an after school class in Morocco, and have recently began teaching it to Grade 10, 11 and 12 students at my current school in Taiwan. I am not as flexible, balanced in mind and body and perhaps strong as I used to be. I want to get that back.

I have not taken a 'proper' class in years. By 'proper' I am referring to the full practice. From Pranyama to Asana's to Meditation. I felt it was time to return to my practice and love of Yoga, so I joined a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher Training school - Yoga House Institute, in Koahsiung.

I have been super excited for the course since signing up. I have to be honest and confess to being a bit of a nerd, and am happy at the prospect of having to study and complete projects. I want to learn more about Yoga and be able to help others who want to practice Yoga too.

The course takes 200 hours. That is every Saturday and Sunday for 10 weeks. I was a little apprehensive about 'giving up' my weekends. But then I thought about it with a different perspective. I will be gaining so much. Knowledge. Strength. Flexibility. Calmness. Balance. Positivity. As well as Yoga teacher certification.

Read my reflection on my first class here.

4 comments:

  1. robinetterie-baignoire acceptent les tableaux exploités ou capteurs alimentés électriquement que vérifier les robinets et le mouvement baptisent courant pour actionner le débit. Les pourraient être commencent soit à l'abject du douche-robinetterie-douche ou sur sa tête. Certains capteurs acceptent même la pertinence de modifier la température de la baptiser que vos besoins changent ou douche alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever style you decide, make sure that the wall mounted Cheap Taps UK you select help to create a feeling of consistency. It may be a good idea to purchase the same set of LED Taps for your bathtub as you do for your sink. However, this by no means the only thing that should be thought about when it comes to buying Kitchen Taps. Of course, we all want products that not only look good but also offer a high level of performance, so it is important you are aware of your water system's pressure level before you go ahead and make a purchase. This can have a significant impact on the type of fixtures you are able to get, so if you live in a low pressure household, then you should look to buy Bathroom Accessory with a 0.2 bar rating. Alternatively, if you have a combi boiler then you will find that Pull out http://www.uktaps.co.uk with a grading between 0.2 and 1.5 bar are suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is giving a very nice things about the yoga. Its help me to describe an actual process of yoga. Please post some more related blogs

    Visit :- Yoga Teaching Course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a very interesting article. I greatly appreciate the time you take to do all the research to put together your posts. I especially enjoyed this one!!I really liked your Information.

    affordable yoga retreats

    ReplyDelete